I’m gonna be super LA for this post. It’s true that we love to wear yoga pants and maybe, maybe not go on hikes. Also true that we love juice / smoothies while wearing yoga pants maybe going hiking maybe not. Sometimes I wear yoga pants and go hiking and when I do, I like going to this kinda hippie dippie place to get this Coconut Kale Smoothie. If you live in LA on the east side you have probably heard of / been to Nature Well. They have this coconut kale smoothie that is everyone’s favorite. I became very obsessed because this smoothie is the perfect balance of kale (which, lets be real, raw tastes like you’re gnawing on vitamins), and coconut. It took a while for me to get the proportions just perfect, but here it is in all of its glory. Perfect for wearing yoga pants and maybe maybe not going hiking. ☺
I like this smoothie more like a juice so I drink it easier. I hate it when smoothies get too thick. Inevitably you tip the glass up to drink it and a chunk slams down onto your face and goes up your nose. ☹ Anyway, if you prefer that kind of a smoothie, you can freeze the banana and add more ice.
More smoothie recipes for you to love:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Coconut and Kale Smoothie
- 5 medium dinosaur kale leaves, ribs removed and torn into pieces
- 4 ounces fresh coconut pulp or meat (about ⅔ cup, tightly packed)
- 1 medium peeled banana
- about 5 ice cubes
- 1 ¼ cups pure coconut water
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender, in the order listed above.
- Blend mixture until completely smooth, 1 to 1 ½ minutes.
- Divide into two glasses and serve.
- *Makes about 32 ounces
- **For a thicker smoothie, freeze the banana and add a few more ice cubes to the blender well before blending.