We are big fans of pasta, and would both eat it like every night, but we all know you can’t really do that. So we are also big fans of 50/50 spaghetti and zucchini. It’s really great for a lighter option but you still to get to eat pasta. Yay! We made this Seared Salmon dish a while back with 50/50 noodles that is really good. Today, we made Cheesy 50/50 Spaghetti and Zucchini Bake with Eggs. Love these baked eggs in this to give it a little extra something so you get full. Enjoy :)
Cheesy 50/50 Spaghetti + Zucchini Bake with Eggs
- 10 ounces dry spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and peeled with a julienne peeler
- 6 strips crispy cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 cup mozzarella
- ½ cup Parmesan, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fill a large pot with water and place over medium-high heat.
- Once water comes to a boil, add a small handful of salt and the dry spaghetti.
- Once the pasta is al dente, 6 to 7 minutes, add the zucchini and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Drain pasta and zucchini into a colander and rinse under cool water. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Toss spaghetti and zucchini with bacon, mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pasta mixture to skillet, creating 4 divots. Melt ½ tablespoon of remaining butter into each divot and crack an egg over each pool of butter.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan over pasta mixture and place skillet in oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts, egg whites set, but yolks are still runny.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Finish with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes. Serve.