Hey Guys! Today we have another pasta dish for you! Yay pasta! This has actually been my favorite summer pasta (I’ve been eating it both hot and cold), but I think it’s a great one to make anytime of the year. The sauce is so simple to make and so damn delicious! I also love how the wild salmon leaves a bit of a orange hue when added to the reduced cream; it’s so pretty and currently so seasonally appropriate!
I can’t stress enough how simple this recipe is…you’re literally reducing cream with a couple ingredients and tossing in some Parmesan and pasta to finish it up. The caviar/roe aspect is totally optional, but I love adding it. The little balls of roe create an extra layer of bright brininess to the dish and I love how you can feel them pop in your mouth. I don’t recommend stepping out and buying the most expensive or high quality sturgeon caviar…no, no, no…no need! You really want to save that kind for special occasions and to eat with a couple caviar accouterments. For this dish a standard lumpfish or paddlefish roe should be just fine (plus much less expensive). Again, the roe is just an added bonus, but this dish is still absolutely lovely without it! I urge you all to make this dish asap!! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Capellini with a Smoked Salmon Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces capellini
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 6 ounces cold smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ ounce lumpfish or paddlefish roe
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a small handful of salt and pasta. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente; about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water and set aside.
- In a large skillet add cream and place over medium heat. Bring cream to a simmer and add shallot and garlic. Reduce cream by ⅓, and stir in shredded Parmesan.
- Stir in smoked salmon, ½ of the lemon zest and pasta water. Lightly season with salt and pepper and simmer for an additional minute.
- Add pasta and toss together until well coated. Add roe, if using and toss together. Finish with remaining lemon zest and serve.