Yay it’s Friday! We have a simple and fresh pasta recipe for you to try this weekend. Our Burrata Topped English Pea, Basil Pistachio Pesto with Linguine. I love burrata with pasta because it doesn’t weigh me down as much as a super cheesy sauce pasta. This pesto is also really delicious because we peas in this sauce! Peas with a good amount of parm, basil, and some pistachios for crunch. The perfect little spring pasta. Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Burrata Topped English Pea, Basil + Pistachio Pesto with Linguine
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh steamed peas, cooled or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces chopped pistachios
- 2 bunches basil leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces dry linguine
- 2 balls burrata, divided
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Place garlic and peas into the well of a food processor and pulse about 10 times.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, add the pistachios and continue to pulse 6 or 7 times.
- Add basil leaves and process together, drizzling oil into the mixture with the motor running, until fully incorporated and a thick pesto has formed. Fold in grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add a small handful of salt and linguine and boil pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Scoop pesto into a large mixing bowl and top with linguine. Toss together.
- Pour reserve pasta water over linguine and pesto and continue to toss together until completely combined. Adjust seasonings.
- Divide pasta onto serving plates and top each serving with a half ball of burrata and finish with small sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes. Serve.