Dessert Pizza. I get it, it may seem strange to some people. It is, its a weird idea, but I think its a glorious one. The closest thing I can think of is Pizza Huts (or maybe Dominos?) has these cinnamon sugar bread sticks. Now, while I dislike having to compare this recipe to those pizza places, I am doing so in an attempt to get you into your comfort zone. This is bomb. Blueberries, cinnamon sugar, cream cheese, mozzarella, it is actually really good. So I hope you will look upon these images, and this recipe and think it would be a good idea to make this. I am going to ask for it as my birthday cake.
Blueberry Dessert Pizza
- 1 12" ready-made pizza crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup blueberry jam
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place cream cheese and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the surface of the crust.
- Next, spread the blueberry jam over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the jam, followed by the fresh blueberries.
- Place the pizza directly onto the oven rack and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese melts and bubbles and the blueberries just begin to juice.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, cut and serve.
- *Makes 1 Pizza
- **You can definitely make your own pizza dough for this recipe. The ready-made
crust is to turn a 2 1/2 hour process into a 20 minute one!