We made a little mash up for you today. These are Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip Egg Rolls. We took the classic Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip we all love and put inside an egg roll that we dredged in Parmesan. These are winners for sure, and perfect for Game Day! The process is pretty easy, but we laid it out for you in photos.
When you are rolling the Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip Egg Rolls, be sure to not roll them too tight, that will cause them to split when they are baking. On the flip side if you roll them too loose, they will lose their shape. So just be aware of that when you are rolling them up.
Typically egg rolls are fried, but we like to bake ours because sometimes the mess of frying something just isn’t something we want to get into. Plus, baking is better for you! So it’s good all around. If you do love to fry, try these Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Beignets. They are a crowd pleaser for sure!
We love Dynasty brand for the egg roll wrappers. You can find them in most grocery stores!
Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip Egg Rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1¾ cups Parmesan divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (1 bag)
- 15 oz artichoke hearts (1 can) drained and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- In a mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan and mozzarella. Squeeze as much liquid from thawed spinach and fold into cream cheese mixture, along with artichoke
hearts, until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stack two egg roll wrappers together and brush the surface with beaten egg. Scoop 1/4 cup of filling onto the bottom of the stacked wrappers and form into a log. Fold in
sides of wrappers, then tightly roll until sealed.
- Repeat step 2 until all egg rolls have been rolled up.
- Brush each egg roll with melted butter and roll in remaining Parmesan. Shake off any
excess Parmesan transfer egg rolls to a parchment lined baking sheet, 1 inch
apart. Place egg rolls in freezer for at least 30 minutes (and up to 3 months).
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Remove egg rolls from freezer and bake egg rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden
- Remove egg rolls from oven and cool for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve.