This taco pasta skillet is giving us heavy hamburger helper vibes and we are not mad about that. Sometimes I crave that stuff because it’s delicious. Like taco packet seasoning, or even guacamole packet seasoning, or even mac and cheese from a box with the powder cheese packet. So we made kind of fancy hamburger helper dish / taco mash up, and topped it all with sour cream because why not? The perfect weeknight meal to look forward to. :)
Ingredients: 1 corn on cob 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced Directions:
Taco Pasta Skillet
Serves 3 to 4
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoons chile powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
6 ounces dry cavatappi pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 small shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 green onions, thinly sliced
few dollops sour cream
chopped cilantro, optional
chopped avocado, optional
sliced jalapeno, optional
1. Combine all spices in a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
2. Set oven to broil and char corn under broiler on each side for 1 minute. Remove from broiler and slice kernels off cob and set aside (discard cob).
3. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
4. Fill a large pot with water and place over medium-high heat.
5. Once water is boiling, add a handful of salt and pasta and boil until al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and drain pasta. Set aside.
7. Place an 8” skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
8. Add ground beef and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking up the beef as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add shallot and garlic and continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Stir in taco seasoning and stir together. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Stir tomato sauce into the mixture and reduce heat to medium. Simmer mixture for about 10 minutes adding 2 tablespoons water at a time to mixture, if it begins to get too thick.
12. Once ground beef mixture has thickened, fold in cooked pasta and. charred corn until evenly distributed.
13. Top pasta skillet with shredded cheese and place in oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
14. Remove from heat and top with diced tomatoes, dollops of sour cream and sliced green onions. Serve.
1 corn on cob
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced