Today we’re reposting our Spicy Marinated Pork Belly Hand Rolls, because grilling season is basically here and these little guys are fantastic when the pork belly is cooked on the grill with a slight char! These make really yummy, unique and fun appetizers/party food and it’s always such a crowd pleaser. Memorial Day is at the end of the month and these would be perfect for a get together that weekend! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Memorial day is in a couple of weeks and I’m already prepping my grill! I don’t know why, but I like to think of memorial day weekend is the unofficial start of grill season. This year, I’ve made it a goal to widen my overall grilling repertoire. Im going to do my best to try our rotisserie out more with fun and different cuts of meats, etc.
While I have all these plans for the grill this year, I like to start off with something simple, delicious and familiar. That brings me to these glorious little bites! These spicy marinated pork belly hand rolls are SO good and make a great appetizer for any get together. I love that they’re a great grab and go treat that don’t require any utensils. The marinade is a basic Korean style marinade that can be easily altered depending on your desired spice level.
If you’re looking for something a little different for your next get together, these spicy marinated pork belly hand rolls are callin’ your name….seriously. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Spicy Marinated Pork Belly Hand Rolls
1/4 cup Korean chili paste (gochugang)
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoons Korean chili powder (gochugaru)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb. thinly sliced pork belly
1 cup hot cooked brown rice
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 cup micro cilantro (regular cilantro leaves are fine)
1 cup micro amaranth, optional
10-12 soy wrappers
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. For pork belly: Place all marinade ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Place pork belly in a large mixing bowl and add marinade. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Lightly grease the surface of the grill/grill pan. Grill pork belly for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and continue to grill for and additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
3. For sushi rice: Place rice in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Mix together until well combined.
4. To assemble: Place 2 tablespoons sushi rice onto one side of the soy wrapper (set widthwise), on a 45° angle. Top with a piece of pork belly. Top each piece of pork belly with a small amount of micro cilantro and micro amaranth.
5. Roll to form a tight cone and seal edge with a few grains of rice. Repeat until all materials have been used. Serve.