Lamb kofta is my new obsession right now. I love having it as my protein on a salad. Today we put our Lamb Kofta over a bed of rice with a a little side salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. I also love getting some Tzatziki in there too if you have it. Sprouts store bought tzatiki is a go to at my house. This is a great recipe too because it keeps so well, and makes the perfect topper for your lunch salad the next day. :)
Makes 6 (7” each)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
1 small shallot, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 lb. ground lamb
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/4 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
6 bamboo skewers (12” long and 1/2” wide), soaked in water (~30 minutes)
1. Place 6 (12 inch )
2. Place small skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil.
3. Add shallot, garlic and ginger to skillet and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add cumin and coriander and continue to saute for 1 minute. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. Remove shallot mixture from heat and slightly cool, about 10 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine ground lamb, shallot mixture, parsley, and mint. Season with salt and cracked black pepper and mix together until fully combined.
6. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and with wet hands form each portion of lamb into a 1 1/2” by 7” log. Press a skewer into the center of each lamb log and form the meat around the skewer until secure, leaving about a 4” handle on the bottom and a 1” handle on top.
7. Place large grill pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, brush with remaining oil and add skewers, about 1” apart.
8. Grill skewers on each side, for 6 to 8 minutes or until just cooked through, with nice grill marks. Remove from heat, transfer to a platter with a bed of basmati rice and a romaine, cucumber and tomato side salad and hummus of choice. Serve.