I have been wanting to do a kitchen sink cookie on here for a long time. This is more of a thoughtful kitchen sink cookie than what the name implies. Although you can change and substitute as you see fit, but we added our favorite things in this cookie – like potato chips, pretzels, malt balls, rice krispies, and toffee. Yum. All the good things. This is the perfect crowd pleasing treat to bring to work for everyone for Valentines day. :)
Kitchen Sink Cookies
Makes 26 to 28
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup superfine sugar (granulated is fine)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup broken pretzels
2/3 cup roughly crushed wavy potato chips
2/3 cup rice krispies
2/3 cup roughly chopped chocolate covered malt balls
2/3 cup toffee chips
sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
1. Melt 1 stick butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and continue to cook until butter begins to smell nutty and lightly brown. Remove from heat and cool completely.
2. Place both butters in a bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add both sugars and continue to beat together until light and fluffy.
4. Scrape down sides of the bowl, add molasses and vanilla and continue to mix together.
5. Stir in egg and egg yolk.
6. In another bowl whisk dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture.
7. Beat together until a dough comes together.
8. Fold in chopped chocolate, rice cereal, potato chips, pretzels, whoppers, and toffee bits until fully combined (you can also reserve a little of each mix-in to press onto the top of each cookie, before baking).
9. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
10. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
11. Scoop 3 1/2 tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
12. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt flakes (and any reserved mix-ins) and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
13. Cool cookies and serve warm.