When holidays come around one of the easiest things to make and assemble is a big appetizer board. Mostly everything is store bought, and with the help of Dean’s Dip – we made some really delicious and quick appetizers to add to your grazing board. First up we used Dean’s French Onion Dip to make these French Onion Soup Crostini. We used the French Onion Dip as a base, and added some caramelized sweet onions to the top with a little fresh thyme.
We don’t think an appetizer board is complete without a cheeseball, so that is exactly what we made with Dean’s Ranch Dip flavor. We used the ranch dip as a base for our cheeseball, and added some more cheese, and then rolled it all up in everything seasoning which we love. That is it! Super easy. Pair those two simple recipes with an assortment of cheese, crackers, charcuterie, and veggies and you have yourself a really beautiful and yummy appetizer board perfect for the holidays.
French Onion Soup Crostini
1/2 baguette, thinly sliced into 20 pieces on a bias
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 sweet onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons thyme, plus additional for an optional garnish if desired
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup Dean’s French Onion Dip
fresh thyme leaves, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Lay crostini onto a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes or until crostini are toasted and barely browned on the edges.
4. Remove from oven and allow crostini to cool.
5. Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt butter.
6. Add onion and garlic and cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Add thyme and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions have cooked down, but still have a bite to them. Season with salt and pepper.
7. To assemble: Spread a layer of Dean’s French Onion Dip over each crostini and top with a scoop of caramelized onion mixture. Top with fresh thyme, if using. Serve.
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
2 ounces fontina cheese, cubed
2 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup Dean’s Ranch Dip
black pepper to taste
everything bagel seasoning
1. Place all ingredients, except seasoning, into the well of a food processor and pulse mixture 6 to 7 times. Scrape down sides of the well and puree mixture until smooth.
2. Scrape mixture from the food processor onto a clean plate. Dip clean hands in cold water and form the mound of cheese, into a cheeseball.
3. Spread everything bagel seasoning onto a clean plate and roll cheeseball around seasoning until fully covered. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Remove from refrigerator and unwrap cheeseball. Place onto a platter and serve with a variety of crackers and veggies.