I remember when I was a kid we got to choose our birthday cereal, and that birthday cereal could be the most sugary dessert cereal, it could be whatever we choose. Sometimes dessert for breakfast is awesome. As an adult, you can have as much of it as you want, which is even better. That is what we have for you today, this Fluffernutter Banana French Toast. It’s delicious, you could actually eat it for dessert, but its more fun to eat for breakfast. Make it this weekend, make it on Sunday, because Mondays suck. Just make it, it’s good. :)
Ingredients: 30 crushed Ritz crackers 4 slices Hawaiian bread 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided honey to drizzle Directions:
Fluffernutter and Banana Stuffed French Toast
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch ground nutmeg
30 finely crushed Nilla wafers
6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
4 tablespoons marshmallow fluff, divided
1 banana, peeled and thinly sliced into “coins”
1. Place all the egg batter ingredients into a shallow baking dish and whisk together until completely combined. In another shallow dish, combine the cracker and wafer crumbs together until completely combined.
2. Spread 3 tablespoons peanut butter evenly over two slices of bread, then top each with half of the sliced banana.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff evenly over the remaining slices of bread.
4. Sandwich together one slice of peanut butter-banana topped bread with a slice of the marshmallow topped bread.
5. Dip each sandwich into the egg batter, flipping to fully coat. Then carefully dredge them in the crumb mixture until each stuffed French toast is completely coated.
6. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a heavy bottom skillet, over medium heat.
7. Once the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, add the stuffed French toasts and fry on each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove each French toast from the skillet and melt remaining butter. Using tongs (and one at a time), fry each French toast perimeter, for 1 to 2 minutes to cook through and seal the sides shut.
9. Transfer stuffed French Toasts onto a cutting board and cut each in half.
10. Serve immediately with a drizzle of honey.
30 crushed Ritz crackers
4 slices Hawaiian bread
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
honey to drizzle