We have these cute individual Brown Sugar Honeycrisp Apple Tarts for you! I love individual desserts because there are so versatile. You can bring them to work for all your favorite coworkers, or just make them and eat for breakfast. These are also really great fresh out of the oven with some ice cream, or whipped cream, or nothing at all! These are just really simple and a great make ahead dessert perfect for the holidays and general fall cozy situations. :)
Ingredients: Powdered sugar, for dusting Directions:
Brown Sugar Honeycrisp Apple Tarts
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
1 teaspoon of cardamom
2 small Honeycrisp apples (or your favorite apple variety), thinly sliced crosswise with ends trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Cut 4, 5-6 inch circles from the sheet of puff pastry and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Brush butter over each puff pastry disc and sprinkle each with 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom.
4. Place three slices of apple over each disc of puff pastry, slightly overlapping one another and gently press down.
5. Top apples with remaining brown sugar and bake for about 18 minutes or until apples have caramelized and puff pastry has browned.
6. Allow tarts to cool for about 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Powdered sugar, for dusting