Guys, I really love this salad. On hot hot days I am weird and I always crave terrible foods for when it’s hot – like fettuccini alfredo. I also crave steak, which is why this salad is perfect. Perfect for weirdos like me who want heavy food on hot days. With all the other ingredients we paired with the steak you get a ton of variety in texture which is awesome. I personally love eating the cucumber and steak in the same bite, and I also love the sweetness the peaches add. Sweet and savory all the way. This is just the perfect little deconstructed salad, pretty enough to make you feel fancy, and satisfying enough to get what you need so you can attempt to not be in a terrible mood because it;’s just so dang hot. Yay. Enjoy this one!
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil or avocado oil Directions:
Loaded Cold Beef Salad
Serves 4 to 6
bleu cheese dressing:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
salt and pepper to taste
2 (12 ounce) grass-fed, boneless NY steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
4 small heirloom (or vine-ripe tomatoes), quartered
2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
8 strawberries, hulled and halved
2 corn on cob, charred and removed from cobb
1/2 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
2/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Generously season each steak with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
3. Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons water to adjust consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
5. Add oil and swirl around skillet. Add steaks to skillet and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for about 7-8 minutes for medium rare and 9-10 minutes for medium. Remove steaks from oven and transfer to a cutting board.
6. Allow steaks to cool, about 30 minutes. Tightly wrap each steak in foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
7. To serve: Remove foil from steaks and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Spread steak pieces onto a platter, lightly season with salt and pepper and line with remaining ingredients.
8. Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side and allow guests to grab however much or little they want from the platter.
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil or avocado oil