Now that summer’s officially here, we’re breaking our grills out even more than usual! It’s fun to be able to throw something on the grill for dinner, but we don’t always have tons of time, especially during the week. When we’re short on time, Smithfield’s Slow Smoked Mesquite Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet is perfect to help us save on hours of marinating down time, plus it grills up pretty quickly and is loaded with great flavor! They’re available at your local Walmart and select grocery stores nationwide!
Smithfield is also hosting a fun summer contest to celebrate all the amazing grilling heroes and to inspire everyone to get grilling all summer long with their “Hero of the Grill” contest. Head on over to www.SmithfieldGetGrilling.com for more information and to nominate your grilling hero, giving them an opportunity to win $5,000!
We’re also taking advantage of all the awesome summer produce by incorporating them into our dish, like our simple blistered corn and tomato salsa and cilantro-basil chimichurri to add some freshness. This entire dinner comes together in about 30 minutes, making it the perfect summer weeknight dish, which you can totally still enjoy over the weekend! Enjoy!
Grilled Pork Loin Filet over Corn Salsa and Topped with Chimichurri
1 package Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
1 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 corn cobs)
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 red onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon oil
1 lime zested and juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 bunch basil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to 375˚F (or medium-high heat).
2. Brush grill grates with oil and place loin filet onto the grill and close the lid for 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Open the grill and flip loin filet over and close grill lid again. Cook loin filet for an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 145-160˚F. Remove from heat and loosely cover with foil.
4. For salsa: Spread corn, tomatoes, onion, and garlic onto a single layer of a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Place baking sheet under broiler and broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until corn and tomatoes begin to blister.
5. Season salsa with salt and pepper, lime zest and juice and toss together.
6. For chimichurri: Place all ingredients, except oil into a food processor and blend together. With the motor running, drizzle oil into the food processor until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
7. To assemble: Spread salsa onto a platter. Slice rested loin filet into 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick pieces and place over the corn salsa. Drizzle loin filet with chimichurri and serve.