We have a simple, summer grilling recipe for you guys today: simple and really delicious Grilled BLTA Flatbreads! Grilling the flatbreads give this dish a really nice, but subtle smoky flavor. This recipe seriously takes no time at all to put together and is such a crowd pleaser. It’s also a great weeknight meal, especially if you cook the bacon the night before or that morning! I’ll usually make a few and slice them up for serving, but every now and then, if it’s just the husband and I, I’ll just take a whole one, fold it in half and take it straight to the face, because sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, ya know? :) Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Grilled BLTA Flatbreads
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pieces flatbread (such as pita or naan)
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
6 to 8 slices of crispy cooked bacon
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 heaping cup shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1/8 thinly sliced red onion, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush flatbread with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Once grill is hot, add bread and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and top each with halve of the shredded cheese and bacon slices.
4. Place flatbread back on the grill, over medium heat, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the flatbreads have crisped up.
5. Remove from grill and top with cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, and red onion, if using.
6. Lightly season with salt and pepper and serve.