We have a couple of other pull apart breads on the blog, this Pizza Pull Apart Bread and a Cheesy Herb Pull Apart Bread. I love them both, and think they are a great addition to the dinner table. A fun and tasty way to serve bread. I thought because the savory pull apart breads are so great we would try our hand at a sweet version. So we made S’mores Pull Apart Bread. Loaded with chocolate and marshmallows, and topped with some graham crackers. This goes awesome right of the oven with some vanilla ice cream. :)
Makes 2 (5”x 9”) loaves 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted and slightly cooled Directions:
S’mores Pull Apart Bread
3 cups bread flour (all purpose is fine)
2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces warm water
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups finely chopped dark chocolate
2 cups crushed graham crackers, plus more to top
1. For dough: Pour flour, sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, and oil into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add water, 1/4 cup water at a time and mix together until soft and sticky dough forms.
2. Turn dough out onto a clean and lightly floured surface and knead for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth dough forms.
3. Lightly grease a mixing bowl, add dough and cover. Allow dough to rest and double in size, about 1 hour.
4. To assemble: Preheat oven to 400˚F. Divide dough in half and cover one of the balls of dough. Roll other half of dough until 1/2″ thick (about 12”x 24” rectangle).
5. Cut out 18 (4”x 4”) squares of dough. Brush butter onto the surface of each square and sprinkle a small amount of each the marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker crumbs over the surface.
8. Stack three squares atop one another and carefully press them into a lightly greased loaf pan so they’re ‘standing up’. Repeat and continue to stack until all the squares are neatly in the loaf pan.
9. Once the pan is filled, sprinkle the top with graham cracker crumbs and repeat with the remaining ingredients in the other loaf pan.
10. Place the pans onto a baking sheet and bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and Allow breads to cool, about 10 minutes.
11. Remove from loaf pans and serve immediately.
Makes 2 (5”x 9”) loaves
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted and slightly cooled