Happy Monday! We have a new breakfast / brunch / dessert recipe for you. We have not done a sweet breakfast recipe for you in a while so here we are. We love using meyer lemons when they are in season, and making these yummy crepes with ricotta is so good. They are actually pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it. I love how the meyer lemon makes everything feel so fresh. We smothered ours with honey and powdered sugar and some zest. Get the recipe details below!
Meyer Lemon and Ricotta Stuffed Crepes
2 cups part skim ricotta
2 tablespoons honey
1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for coating the pan)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Meyer lemon zest
powdered sugar, optional
1. Filling: Place all filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Crepes: Place all crepe ingredients into the well of a blender and blend until completely smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours.
3. Melt a small pad of butter onto a 10” skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Ladle 1/4 of batter into skillet and swirl skillet to evenly coat bottom with a thin layer.
5. Cook crepe for about 2 minutes or until the crepe begins to set, but the top still looks wet. Flip and continue to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
6. Transfer crepe to a plate and repeat until all the crepes have been made.
7. To serve: Fill each crepe with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the ricotta filling and gently roll up. Place filled crepes onto a platter, dust with powdered sugar (if using), drizzle with honey and finish with lemon zest. Serve immediately.