Here is some inspo for weeknight pasta when you went to carb load hard core, but are not quite sure what to make, and thinking about making a complicated or even normal ish pasta sauce is like too much to handle. Welcome to my world. On tough work days when I come home and my brain is fried -the only thing on my mind are carbs and wine. Enter this beautiful Capellini with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Basil recipe we have for you today. Ideal for those nights.
Capellini with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes + Fresh Basil
Serves 3 to 4
1/2 pound dry capellini
3/4 pound cherry tomatoes
3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
fresh basil leaves
1. Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat. Bring water to a boil and add a handful of salt.
2. Add pasta and bring water back up to a boil, stirring often.
3. Cook pasta until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain into a colander, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta liquid.
4. Preheat broiler to high.
5. Place tomatoes into a baking dish and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place tomatoes under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until popped, blistered and juicing. Set aside.
7. Place a skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and deglaze skillet for about 30 seconds. Add pasta, season with salt and pepper and toss together.
9. Add pasta water and top with a handful of grated Parmesan and lemon zest. Toss together.
10. Top with fresh basil leaves, more Parmesan and serve immediately.