I felt like this needed to be reposted because summer = strawberries and this is so yummy!
Hi Guys! Lets get right to food…today we have this gorgeous strawberry-rosemary tarte tatin! The end….just kidding, sort of. This dessert really speaks for itself. Pretty.Tasty.Easy. The perfect dessert. I love desserts like this because they seem really impressive, but are actually super easy to throw together and require minimal ingredients….plus, who doesn’t like sweet, warm fruit paired with a light and buttery crust for dessert, right?? This dessert is great anytime, but I really love making this if I’m having friends over during the week. I barely have anytime to brush my own hair during the week, let alone cook a feast for friends, but when I do invite people over for dinner during the week, this dessert is a life saver. I don’t have to prep anything out ahead of time (although I usually like cutting up the strawberries a few hours before, so they’re ready to go) and I can whip this up from the time dishes are being brought to the kitchen and until people are ready for a night cap. You can also use other fruit like bananas or peaches, I used strawberries because they’ve been really cheap at the markets lately and I love adding a touch of rosemary to desserts, when appropriate, for that small boost of fragrance and flavor. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this super easy and delicious tarte tatin. xx, Jenny
Strawberry & Rosemary Tarte Tatin
Serves 6 to 8
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
10-12 strawberries, hulled and sliced in half lengthwise
2 teaspoons rosemary, minced
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and rolled to be 9”x9”
sweetened whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place butter into a small saucepan and melt over medium-high heat. Add sugar and stir together. Allow mixture to come to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and lightly boil for an additional 5 minutes. Add vanilla. Cinnamon and cloves and stir together.
3. Pour mixture into an 8”x 8” baking dish (nonstick is best) and spread evenly across the surface. Top the caramel mixture with a sprinkle of rosemary, followed by the strawberries, cut side down in a single layer.
4. Gently lay puff pastry over strawberries and tuck edges down each side of the baking dish.
5. Prick the surface of the puff pastry with a fork and bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Allow tarte tatin to rest for 3 minutes before quickly but carefully inverting onto a plate. (Tapping the bottom of the baking dish before lifting it up will help to release the tarte tatin).
6. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving with a dollop of whipped cream, if using.