I am super into this cake we are sharing with you today. It’s like a really pretty naked cake but without all the work of making the edges look nice and smooth. I also love this cake because the pavlova and whipped cream is so light and fresh. We paired this with strawberries, and pistachios for some crunch. This makes quite an impressive cake and a very perfect one for Mothers day! On another note, how cute would these be as mini cakes? OMGGGG someone please do that and tag us on instagram so we can see!
Ingredients: 1 cup heavy cream Directions:
Strawberry + Pistachio Pavlova Cake
Makes 1 (12 inch) cake
4 large egg whites, room temperature
1 cup superfine sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon distilled vinegar
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
3/4 cup crushed pistachios, divided
chamomile flowers, optional
1. Preheat oven to 250˚F.
2. Pour egg whites into the well of a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
3. With the motor running add 3/4 cup of the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until fully incorporated.
4. Combine salt, lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk together.
5. Pour mixture into the beaten egg whites, along with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and continue to beat together until mixture becomes fluffy, glossy and stiff peaks form.
6. Spoon mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet, into three, 12 inch circles, about 1 inch tall. (you will probably need 2 large baking sheets)
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then turn the oven off, open the door a crack, and allow the pavlova to sit in the oven for an additional hour.
8. Remove the pavlova discs from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack.
9. In a mixing bowl beat together the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
10. To assemble: place 1 pavlova disc onto a cake stand or plate and top with 1/3 of the whipped cream. Top with a single layer of sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of pistachios. Repeat until all of the materials have been used. Finish the cake with fresh chamomile flowers, if using, and slice and serve.
1 cup heavy cream