There is nothing better than taking that first bite of a warm fluffy biscuit after depriving yourself of carbs because your thighs are huge. God I love bread, and chips, and everything carb, and biscuits. We have this wonderful easy biscuit recipe today. So easy to make, and a little bit sturdier than a flaky biscuit which is kind of nice because then you can totally build delicious breakfast sandwiches with them, or eat them on the couch and watch Girls and not get any huge crumbs down your shirt. I love these Sour Cream & Chive Drop Biscuits. I hope you do too.
Sour Cream & Chive Drop Biscuits
Makes 9 to 12
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
2/3 cup sour cream, chilled
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, chilled
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (for brushing atop the biscuits)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the sour cream, milk and melted butter. Whisk together until no lumps remain.
3. Stir in the sour cream until the mixture resembles a bowl of coarse grains.
4. Add the milk and mix just until sticky dough comes together.
5. Using two lightly greased spoons or a lightly greased ice cream scooper, drop 1/4 cup sized balls of batter/dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake biscuits for about 15 minutes, then remove them from the oven and brush the tops with melted butter. Place biscuits back into the oven and continue baking for another 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow biscuits to slightly cool before serving.