Hello everyone. Happy Friday! I hope you all have super fun plans for the weekend. I am going to New York and will hopefully be seeing my friends Amanda and Nicole. If you guys have any suggestions on where to eat or shop for props (plates, linens, kitchen stuff), I would love to hear it and I would very much appreciate it!!
So, I think we all know that when something has the word pork in it, its probably going to be bomb. Like these Pork Belly Sliders. The carrot, daikon, and cucumber make it feel less heavy and glutinous. The neat thing about these is that you can make a bunch and have them for dinner, or you could totally just make one big one and eat it yourself. P.S. The marinade for this is awesome. Awesome sauce. Literally.
Pork Belly Sliders
pickled daikon and carrots:
2 carrots, peeled and julienne
1 cup daikon radish, peeled and julienne
2 tablespoons salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup rice wine vinegar
¾ cup water
¼ cup hoisin sauce
1 ½ tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
black pepper to taste
½ lb thinly slice pork belly
green onion mayonnaise:
½ cup mayonnaise
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
½ seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
16 sweet Hawaiian Rolls
1. Place carrots, daikon and salt in a colander over the sink and mix together. Allow to sit for an hour, tossing together every 15 minutes. Thoroughly rinse and place into a mixing bowl.
2. Place sugar, vinegar and water in a small pot and bring to a simmer until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Pour sugar mixture over carrot and daikon and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. Place marinade ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add pork belly and toss together until well marinated. Place in the refrigerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
5. Place 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil into a grill pan and heat over medium-high heat. Sear and cook pork belly on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Place mayonnaise, green onions and garlic into a small bowl and stir together.
7. To assemble: Spread a small amount of the spread onto the tops and bottoms of each bun. Place a couple pieces of pork belly into each bottom bun and top with cucumber slices followed by a small amount of daikon and carrots. Place tops on each slider and gently press. Serve.